Carolinas 2010

The Sipes’ boys, Mama Sipes, and surrogate family member Kyle H headed south.

The Carolinas 2010

Left town on Thursday around 10am. Ate at some West Virginia craft food court on the way. Arrived in South Carolina around 8pm. Checked into Clarion, which we did not like due to shady parking lot.

Went to downtown Greenville and ate at the Wild Wing Café. Walked in a sweet looking downtown. Miles scored a monster balloon after a 45-minute wait.

I booked the Hyatt Place for the next two nights. We checked out in the morning and headed to our 11am baseball game. We lost 2-1. Frustrating.

Foul ball to the windshield put us in a pinch and after a long time on the phone we secured an appointment for Saturday afternoon. We checked into the Hyatt, ate at McAlister’s Deli. Played in the pool playing Marco Polo then headed out to 7pm game at Furman University. Lost this one 6-1. Jordan Floro came to the game, since he goes to North Greenville University. He is a good man. Ate pizza at the team hotel at the pool with the team.

Slept in Saturday. Went to Cracker Barrel for lunch. Got window fixed early thankfully. Game at 4:30 against the East Cobb National Champions. Lost 3-2. Had two guys on with no outs in the bottom of the 7th and couldn’t score. Frustrating again. Ate at Zaxby’s.

Sunday consolation game was at 11:30. We couldn’t get it going and lost 11-3. Left there and headed to Nantahala. Punched in the wrong address in the GPS and a two hour drive took us five. Bleh.

Headed into the back woods up steep one lane gravel roads. Praying that the cabin was how it looked online. It was. It was perfect. Scared the family half to death on the drive up there. But, it was awesome. We unpacked and we headed to Bryson City and ate at an Italian place that was amazing.

The cabin that met expectations.

Slept in Monday. Muddled around and headed down to the Nantahala Outdoor Center to check in for Whitewater. We traveled seven miles with our guide, Laurel from Boston. The trip was just right for Jack and Miles. The water was ice cold. Got off the water, bought our picture, headed to cabin to clean up and then into town for BBQ.

I died when we got back. Crashed hard before 10 and didn’t get up til 9 the next day. We tried to extend our stay but the cabin was booked so we left at 11 and started on our way. The goal was outlet mall.

We drove through the Smokey Mountains. It was scenic, beautiful, and long. Made it through Gatlinburg, Did IHOP in Pigeon Forge and did the outlet mall there to. Drove to Knoxville and struggled finding a room, but we settled on the overpriced Staybridge Suites. Nice. Walked to Mimi’s Café. Went to Target and had yogurt at Menchi’s.

Drove home Wednesday. The end.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s